Tuesday, September 30, 2014

First Full Day

Hey everyone!
I hope your day is going well! It has officially been my first full day of seeking gifts the Lord has given me! It has definitely been a busy and good day! I learned a lot about God's sovereignty and timing. Of course, I failed to seek Joy and Christ during certain moments throughout the day, but I was thankful that there was grace and forgiveness offered to me to cover that sin. Thank you Jesus! So, without further adieu, here are my gifts for the day!

GIFTS:
8. Me telling Uriah no to touching certain items and him listening
9. Uriah "fake coughing"
10. Floss!
11. Bottled Water so we can stay healthy while in Uganda
12. My mouth guard to wear at night so my jaw doesn't hurt during the day
13. Toilet paper! I think we all know why I am thankful for that!
14. "Renew" lotion! It is the only lotion that has cured my dry cracked hands
15. Uganda rain storms! So refreshing and cool when most days are pretty warm!
16. Uriah's Bison wind suit to protect him from the rain on our way to breakfast!
17. A NEGATIVE HIV test for Uriah! Praise God!
18. Our driver Gilbert whom I trust with driving us around Kampala! What a gentleman!
19. The strawberry waffle I had today for lunch with coconut ice cream!
20. A beautiful mall in Kampala to cool off in!
21. A call from IOM (International Office of Migration) to go and sign the papers with Uriah's medical results! We have been waiting for this call for about 2 weeks!
22. Uriah taking over a 2 hour nap so I could get a small nap in and get some crocheting done.
23. While praying with Uriah tonight, Josh prayed these words: "Our lives that God has created is like a song...it at times can take unexpected turns, but that's what makes it beautiful."
24. An email from the embassy!!!! We have an appointment at 10:00 am tomorrow morning to turn in our paperwork! One more step closer to coming home!
25. Traffic in Kampala! Today, it taught me a lot about trusting in the Lord and His sovereignty, knowing He is in control and works everything according to His will!
26. Forgiveness for thoughts of comparison

It's so fun and good to look back on the day and see God's gifts....I easily forget. Thank you God for these treasures today!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment