Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ups and Downs

Hi everyone!
Just here filling you in on today! We went to the embassy at 10:00 am to turn in our paperwork for our adoption, hoping we would have everything we needed, but it turned out that we needed one more document and would need to come back later. At first I was disappointed and a bit sad, because things didn't turn out the way I thought/hoped they would... but after a few moments, I thought, "this is a good time to be thankful to the Lord and seek gifts in this situation!" I explain/list some of those gifts below, but some of the gifts are that we get to spend some more time in this beautiful country of Uganda, all of our other paperwork seemed to be good and we get to spend some more time with our friends who are adopting here as well! We have become good friends with the other 2 families that are here, and enjoy spending time with them and their families! Another gift is that the staff at the United States Embassy were very helpful and kind! Woo! So, we are trusting in the Lord's sovereignty in this situation, and know that this is what He wants! He wants us to be here for a little bit longer! :)

I also was able to read Proverbs 2 & 3 today! Man, it is so rich and full of beautiful language and encouraging words! I am learning that Wisdom=Jesus, Jesus leads to thankfulness and thankfulness leads to joy! I am also learning that to gain wisdom, I need to look for it and search for it, and God gives wisdom!

My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,  turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

-Proverbs 2:1-6

It was really neat to see how I can gain wisdom from the Lord. I pray that my heart desires His wisdom and for Him to continue to change my heart. Even though it was difficult in some moments today to be thankful, I can tell that my sadness turned into thankfulness for God's sovereignty and His love and care for us. It's better to trust in Him and to not lean on our own understanding! (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Now, on to today's gifts! :)

Gifts
27. Going to the Embassy and having our appointment exactly at 10:00 am (when it was scheduled for)! We didn't have to wait long at all!
28. Needing one more piece of paper before we get our exit interview to come home. It was disappointing that we couldn't proceed today, but we know that this is what God wanted and trust His sovereignty!
29. Josh's footprint on the shower floor in red Ugandan dirt! (unintentional)
30. Josh and Uriah dancing at the carfe we ate at for lunch! Uriah giggled a lot!
31. Uriah's shorts that were hiked up, making him look like an old man!
32. Uriah riding in a shopping cart for the first time and enjoying it! Last time I tried to put him in one he cried! Progress and trust is being formed!
33. My golden yellow paper bead bracelet. It brought a bit of sunshine on this dreary rainy day!
34. God's Word (this could be a gift every day lol) specifically Proverbs 2 and 3.
35. A note that some of the kids of the other families here gave us. It reads, "If you find any snails, pleas give them to us," and had a drawing of a snail on it! Priceless!
36. Taking a few family pictures today with our friend Brittney who is a photographer! :)

I hope you all had a wonderful day and that you were able to see some of God's gifts in your lives today!

No comments:

Post a Comment