Saturday, October 4, 2014

Just life

Hi everyone!
Sorry I didn't blog last night! I had a slight fever yesterday and wasn't feeling well, and also my husband and I had a date night! We watched a movie (on a laptop borrowed from our friends here!) after Uriah went to bed! It was such a great time! I haven't watched a movie since we left! Not missing it too much but it was really good to laugh! Uriah slept 12 hours (he woke up once at around 6:00 am but fell back to sleep almost immediately! So that was wonderful! Got some extra sleep which was much needed today!

We didn't do too much today, which was kinda nice. Josh went to go play basketball at an international school with Andrew (one of the husbands of one of the two other families here) around 9:40 am. So, it was just Uriah and I from then until about 1:00 pm or so! Some parts were fun and some were challenging with Josh gone. I guess it gave me a small taste of what it will be like once we get home and Josh goes back to work. It definitely is a bit exhausting and there were times I didn't feel like doing anything... but you have to, because who else will do it? Lol During times when I feel exhausted and down, I try to remind myself of God's goodness, of His grace for me when I am selfish and tend to be lazy. I am so thankful for God's grace that covers me. I am a small human being who can't do anything on my own, who fails often every day and who shouldn't matter to the God of the Universe...BUT He does care and that blows my mind! I'm so thankful...

One thing I am working hard at doing is to not want to wish away this time. Uriah is teething, and I just want it to be over because it causes a lot crankiness, I just want him to walk so we can do more things (and I don't have to carry him a lot) and I feel like we could do more things that would help the time to go faster. But in all reality, the grass is not greener on the other side, each and every moment is precious and I want to enjoy every moment of his life! I pray God gives my husband and I the strength to get through each and every day with patience and wisdom.

Now on to the gifts for the last two days!

Gifts:
43. Teething Rings
44. Essential Oils to help with my cold (specifically the flu bomb-Thanks Misty!)
45. Salvation! I'm so thankful I get to spend eternity with my Savior Jesus Christ!

46. Movie date nights with my husband!

Still waiting on news on the form that we are missing. We hope we can obtain it soon, but if we don't, please pray God would give us patience and strength to endure the wait of coming home. Also, it may sounds dumb or worrisome, but I am praying that with the whole Ebola thing in the United States we still would be able to come home and that international flights wouldn't be cancelled. I have not heard anything about that happening, it is just a thought that has crossed my mind.

Thanks for everything everyone!

For Christ's Glory,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment